Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Deepika Padukone’s dream came true





Deepika Padukone, who plays a freedom fighter in Ashutosh Gowariker’s ‘Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey’, says playing the spirited character of ‘Kalpana’ was a dream come true.

Deepika stars alongside Abhishek Bachchan in Gowariker’s period thriller based on the Chittagong uprising during the freedom struggle.

“It is something so new and unique for me. I am very grateful to Ashutosh who thought I was capable to carry off such a powerful role. It is a dream come true and a very important film of my career,” Deepika, who was in the city to launch a designer footwear store, said.

The 24-year-old star seems to be keen on shedding her glamourous image with two back to back films. She last played a blind girl in Yash Raj’s ‘Lafangey Parindey’ with Neil Nitin and now will be seen in cotton sarees in ‘Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey’

Talking about her co-star, Abhishek, Deepika said, “He is so much fun to work with. I’m glad that I am getting a chance to work with different kinds of actors.”






Your Ad Here

No comments:

Post a Comment