Saturday, December 17, 2011

Charlize Theron restarts dog collection

After her all eight pets died over a period of 30 months, actress Charlize Theron is bringing dogs home once again.

The 36-year-old dog lover has been rescuing pooches for years, but it has been a year since all her pets died. Now she has recently adopted two dogs, reports dailystar.co.uk.

“(My dogs) all kinda passed away in the last two-and-a-half years kinda back to back, but they had amazing lives; the oldest one was 16.

“I went for a year without having dogs because I thought I was gonna go and make this film (’Mad Max’) in Australia… but the movie kept pushing and my mom just finally said, ‘What are you doing? You’re such a dog lover… I hate coming over here (to your house), everything’s so clean, and it’s, like, quiet.’ And so I just recently adopted two rescue dogs,” said Theron.

The actress has also urged other dog lovers to adopt, rather than buy pets this Christmas.

“People don’t realise you can actually go and specifically adopt exactly what you want. There are so many dogs available. It just kills me when people run to pet stores. This is the season to adopt,” she added.



No comments:

Post a Comment