Thursday, April 12, 2012

SRK in legal soup for smoking during IPL




 Many a times in the past, Bollywood Baadshah Shahrukh Khan has landed into trouble for smoking in the public which is banned in quite a few cities across India.

Once again, SRK has landed in a legal soup by smoking at the Sawai Man Singh Stadium in Jaipur during an IPL match between his team Kolkata Knight Riders and Rajasthan Royals. To add to the damages, the footage was broadcasted live on the TV.

Anand Singh Rathore, the director of Jaipur Cricket Academy, has lodged a legal suit against Shahrukh Khan. Rathore also wants an enquiry over why Shahrukh was allowed to carry cigarettes inside the stadium when the security doesn’t allow cigarettes, match-boxes, lighters and even water bottles inside the stadium.

The additional chief judicial magistrate’s court has fixed April 12 as the date for next hearing.

It may be mentioned here that in 2008, the then health minister Ambumani Ramadoss had a public tiff related to Shahrukh smoking on-screen in the remake of Don.

SRK himself is aware of his addiction and had once said, “I know this (smoking) is a bad thing but the habit doesn’t leave me. I am trying hard. Even if someone says it to me or not, I know about the ill-effects of smoking. I will try it and give it up on my own. I know it is not a good thing.”


Your Ad Here

No comments:

Post a Comment