Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lady Gaga reveals she was set to open for Michael Jackson




Pop singer Lady Gaga revealed that she was set to open for Michael Jackson in London before his death, in an interview with CNN's Larry King scheduled to air Tuesday night (June 1) that also touched upon the pop star's "borderline positive" lupus diagnosis.


Lady Gaga who wore sequined suspenders and a tie in a nod to her interviewer's signature style shared that she was among several artists who would have opened for Jackson during his "This Is It" shows at London's O2 arena. "I was actually asked to open for Michael on his tour," Gaga said. "We were going to open for him at the O2, and we were working on making it happen ... I believe there was some talk about us, lots of the openers, doing duets with Michael onstage.


"But Michael's death was devastating for me, regardless of whether or not I was supposed to go on tour with him," Gaga added. "He was such an inspiration and a remarkable human being."


Gaga also addressed recent rumors that she has lupus, an autoimmune disease that she says runs in her family. "The truth is I don't show any signs, any symptoms of lupus, but I have tested borderline positive for the disease," she told King. "So as of right now I do not have it, but I have to take good care of myself."



Your Ad Here

No comments:

Post a Comment